Skip Navigation HomeAbout BONDFrequently Asked QuestionsReal-life Situationsen español

Employment Help

  • Centers for Independent Living
    Centers for Independent Living (CILs) are grassroots, advocacy-driven organizations run by and for people with disabilities. They focus on civil rights, the independent living philosophy, and inclusion. All Centers provide individual and systems advocacy, information and referral, peer support, and independent living skills training. Many of the Centers also assist people with disabilities on employment issues.
  • Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation (CSAVR)
    CSAVR is a national organization to which each state vocational rehabilitation agency belongs. It provides a hub for useful information regarding state VR agencies, as well as quick links to many other disability-related resources.
  • Disability Evaluation Under Social Security (SSA Blue Book)
    The "Blue Book" explains how each SSA disability program works.
  • is a federal government website that provides quick and easy access to comprehensive information about disability-related programs, services, laws and benefits.
  • Earned Income Tax Credits
    The federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) offers a refundable credit to families and individuals.
  • Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
    JAN is a free consulting service designed to increase the employability of people with disabilities.
  • Medicaid Buy-In for Working People with Disabilities
    The Medicaid Buy-In program offers Medicaid coverage to people with disabilities who are working and earning more than the allowable limits for regular Medicaid.
  • One-Stop Career Centers
    One-Stop Career Centers provide job seekers with a full range of employment assistance under one roof. One-Stops operate in all 50 states and offer training referrals, career counseling, job listings, and similar employment-related services.
  • Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS)
    PASS allows you to set aside other income besides your SSI and/or resources for a specified period of time so that you may pursue a work goal.
  • Social Security Administration (SSA) Work Site
    This site contains information about SSA's Ticket-to-Work program. Under this program, SSA provides disability beneficiaries with a Ticket they may use to obtain the services and supports they need from organizations called Employment Networks. The Ticket-to-Work Program is an employment program specifically designed for people with disabilities who are interested in going to work.
  • State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Agencies
    VR agencies furnish a continuum of services to help people with disabilities become employed and remain employed. These services include assessment and evaluation of their employment goals and potential, counseling, training, coaching, job placement, employer development, and other services that are needed to return to work or to enter a new line of work. VR services are paid for through state and federal funds.


Learn more

We work with beneficiaries in BOND to determine how this program can be useful for them. BOND staff members are available to help you check whether you are in BOND and then learn more. You can contact us today. Call toll-free:

  • Voice:

  • TTY: